Introducing our ANCIENT HISTORY RHYME-LINE CARDS
The package includes 102 timeline cards, each with a four-line rhyme about a famous person or event in ancient history on the front of the card.
On the back of each card is the name of the person or event, as well as the corresponding unit in Connecting with History, Volume One.
But you don’t need to be studying ancient history, or even be using Connecting with History, to enjoy and learn from these rhymes.
Many proper names from ancient history are difficult to pronounce so we have also included a pronunciation key on the back of any cards that you might need help with. To memorize the rhymes correctly you’ll need to know how to pronounce the words and once you’ve mastered the pronunciations the names will roll off of your children’s tongues as they delight in their unusual sounds – they’ll amaze your friends and relatives!
Here are just a few of the people and events included:
- Patriarchs and Prophets of the Old Testament including Abraham, Moses, Joseph, Elijah, Hezekiah, Ezekiel and many more.
- Scientists and mathematicians of ancient times such as Pythagoras, Archimedes, Hipparchus, Eratosthenes and more.
- Philosophers and writers, for example, Euripides, Socrates, Aeschylus, Aristotle, Homer and Aesop and more.
- Generals, kings, and statesmen such as Solon, Nebuchadnezzar, Alexander the Great, Xerxes and more.
- Famous events and empires including the Punic Wars, Gallic Wars, the Assyrians, Babylonians, Phoenicians, Athen's "Age of Pericles" and more, of course!
Moses saw a burning bush,
he didn't understand
until he heard a loud voice say,
"I am the great I AM!"
Homer, a Greek poet,
wrote in ancient times.
The Odyssey and Iliad are
his best-known epic rhymes.
These are just a sampling of what's contained in the ANCIENT HISTORY RHYME-LINE CARDS
Exclusively from RC History!